What is wire harness?
Wire harness is the embodiment of modern electronics and informationization, and the development of wire harness is rapid, which are represented as the best in many other products (Luksens wire harness manufacturer). The market demand is also very large. In this case, wire harness are widely used in household appliances or communication equipment and others. Statistics show that the wire harness in yield has reached more than 120 billion sets, which is large but normal. The policies and markets in home appliances, automobiles, and industrial informatization are also growing and changing, and the demand will continue to rise, and the future is limitless. Luksens, a leading wire harness manufacturer as well as wire harness supplier for many years, provides one-stop service from sensor signal lines, cable assembly to diesel machines system cable integration, combined with our professional tension test and solderless terminals analysis, offering solid or standard conductors in different size and colors, all types of connectivity including connectors, pins, covers, contacts and housings, as well as other components, such as ferrules, potting, shrink tubing, bushings and more.
Definition of wire harness
Build a communication bridge between two or more isolated electronic circuits, so that current can flow and realize various functions of various electronic components, in which wire harness (Luksens wire harness manufacturer) is an indispensable part of various electrical and electronic equipment.
The composition of wire harness
Signal wire harness: Injection molding is required.
The composition of a common wire harness: wires, terminals, and plastic parts.
The composition of complex wire harnesses needs to be added: tapes, cable ties, casings, sheaths, labels, etc.
Luksens, an experience cable harness manufacturer as well as cable harness supplier, provide one-stop service from sensor signal lines, cable assembly to diesel machines system cable integration, combined with our professional tension test and solderless terminals analysis, offering solid or standard conductors in different size and colors, all types of connectivity including connectors, pins, covers, contacts and housings, as well as other components, such as ferrules, potting, shrink tubing, bushings and more. Luksens, also known as experience cable assembly manufacturer as well as cable assembly supplier.
The material of wire harness
Take the material requirements of automotive wire harness (Luksens wire harness manufacturer) as an example: including its electrical properties, material distribution, temperature resistance, etc., are higher than the general wire harness requirements. Because automotive wire harness involve personal safety, so the requirements for material safety are even higher. The following 6 points are the requirements for wire harness materials in terms of automotive wire harness.
- Weak signal sensors should use shielded wire harness.
- The wire harness (Luksens wire harness supplier) on the automatic transmission use wires that are resistant to hydraulic oil, high temperature, and have good temperature stability.
- The conducting wire of the wire harness on the trunk lid should maintain their elasticity at low temperature, so cold elastic wires should be selected to ensure their normal operation.
- The ABS wire harness assembly uses stranded conductors with a high temperature resistance of 150-200°C, a hard outer protective insulation layer, and wear resistance, but the wire core must be greater than 133.
- The wires used for power lines such as starter alternator output wires and battery wires are special wires that can withstand large currents, have good heat dissipation performance of the insulation layer, and reduce voltage.
- The ambient temperature around the engine is high, and there are many corrosive gases and liquids. Therefore, the wires of the engine wire harness (Luksens wire harness supplier) must use wires that are resistant to high temperature, oil, vibration, and friction.
How to choose the suitable wire harness?
- Selection of wire harness (Luksens wire harness manufacturer) conducting wire material: According to the different use environment, select the corresponding conducting wire material.
- Selection of insulating sheath material: The commonly used materials for sheath material (plastic parts) mainly include PA6, PA66, ABS, PBT, pp, etc. According to the actual situation, flame retardant or reinforcing materials can be added to the plastic to achieve the purpose of reinforcement or flame retardant, such as adding glass fiber reinforcement, etc.
- Selection of terminal material: The copper used for terminal material (copper parts) is mainly brass and bronze (the hardness of brass is slightly lower than that of bronze), of which brass accounts for a large proportion. In addition, different coatings can be selected according to different needs.
- Selection of wrapping materials: Wire harness wrapping plays the role of wear resistance, flame retardancy, corrosion prevention, interference prevention, noise reduction, and beautification of appearance. Generally, wrapping materials are selected according to the working environment and space size. In the selection of dressing materials, there are usually tapes, corrugated pipes, PVC pipes, etc.
Luksens, reputated as trusted cable harness manufacturer and cable harness supplier, provides one-stop customized wire harness service from sensor signal lines to diesel machines system cable assembly.
What is cable assembly?
A cable assembly is the collection of strings of wires, cables that convey information.
The method of cable assembly can be divided into manual assembly and automatic assembly processes. Even with extremely complex machines, many cable assembly processes are need to be done by very skilled manual because it is more efficient. Luksens, established in 2001, known as experienced cable assembly manufacturer as well as cable assembly supplier, provides one-stop cable assembly customized service from wire harness materials to cable assembly.
What are the requirements during cable assembly?
- After the wire harness (Luksens wire harness manufacturer) is processed and assembled, all the wire harnesses must be parallel and cannot be moved. However, the cord or cable ties must not trap the wire.
- When inserting PIN or soldering, the core wires cannot be twisted together, but they should not be too tight.
- When wiring, the terminals of each sub-material number, HOUSING, D-SUB, IDC, and CONN must match the markings on the positioning board.
- The wires of each sub-material number must be arranged according to the route on the positioning board.
- When tying the thread, the rope should move vertically from the bottom of the tying ring.
- The cable tie should be tightened tightly, and the tail should not exceed 1mm.
- When tying the thread, the distance between the two tying rings is about 25mm, and each rope should be tied to the end with a tail of about 10mm.
- Tie a knot at the beginning and end of each rope.
- When tying the thread, the rope cannot be looped or twisted. The connector cannot be stuck on the positioning nail, and the rope should be pulled hard. The end of the rope should be fixed on the positioning nail, and then the wire should be tied. Otherwise, it is easy to cause the terminal to break the core wire or the terminal to fall off.
During the cable assembly, Luksens follows strictly the above requirements to exceeding customer expectations. As one of the leading cable assembly manufacturer as well as cable assembly supplier since 2001, Luksens stringent quality policy is recognized by the ISO 9001 certification.
What is the quality standard of cable assembly?
After finished the cable assembly, the conduction rate of the wire harness line must be tested, and the conduction rate is required to reach 100%, ensures there is no short circuit, short circuit, or wrong path. At the same time, it must have the quality standards required by the wire harness customers, and provide a safety and quality assurance certificate when packaging.
Luksens, known as trusted cable assembly manufacturer and cable assembly supplier, ensures every step of the cable assembly and testing process strives to be meticulous, strive for excellence, and standardize the operation requirements in accordance with the ISO9001: 2015 quality management system.
Wire harness and cable assembly development on different industry.
The main function of electronic wire harness is to transmit signals or power, which are widely used in various electronic devices, and are developing very rapidly in many industries.
Let’s take the automotive industry as a detailed analysis case:
The wire harness was born simultaneously with the car. In the initial state of the car, the structure is simple, and the mechanical control is dominant. For a long period of time, people have paid more attention to the research on the mechanical properties of the car. The evaluation of its technical quality is only whether the circuit is turned on or not. (Luksens cable harness manufacturer) the processing technology of automobile wire harness is backward technology such as manual hinge, welding, bolting, etc., and its connectors and other parts The reliability, interchangeability and repairability of defects are even worse.
In the early 1980s, with the development of the machinery manufacturing industry, the progress and maturity of the crimping process was promoted, especially the advent of the fully automatic crimping machine, which made a qualitative and quantitative leap in the manufacturing technology of automotive wire harness (Luksens cable harness supplier). The tensile strength of the single wire is greatly improved, the mechanical properties tend to be stable, the voltage drop at the crimping point can be effectively controlled, the loss of the signal during transmission is reduced, and the reliability of the vehicle is doubled. At the same time, the function of the automobile wire harness is changed from a single The power supply loop is expanded to signal transmission.
Entering the 21st century, wire harnesses have become more complex due to technological innovations and consumer demands for new features (safety, comfort, driving experience). Some modern medium-sized vehicles contain up to 40 wire harnesses, totaling hundreds of connectors, thousands of terminals and as many as 1500 wires. If taken apart and put into a continuous wire, the wires would be over 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) long and weigh about 132 pounds (60 kilograms). Additionally, there can be more than 70 specialized cables such as coaxial, high-speed data, and USB cables. Wire harnesses are becoming more and more complex.
Below are the brief introduction in different industries:
1. Automobile industry:
The quality requirements of electronic components in automobiles are very high, and electronic wire harness is an important component for improving the power of automobiles. In this case, it’s not only involves wire harness manufacturer, wire harness supplier, which also known as cable harness manufacturer and cable harness supplier. Every car uses a variety of electronic wire harness, which represents the high requirements not only for the quality of wire harness, but also for the qualification of those cable assembly manufacturers and cable assembly suppliers.
Almost every manufacturing process uses computers and computer-aided work. At the heart of these powerful machines is the wire harness. A good wire harness manufacturer and wire harness supplier, which also known as cable harness manufacturer and cable harness supplier, plays an important role in it. Luksens provides a wide range of high quality wire harness products.
3. Medical industry:
The quality of the electronic wire harness used in medical diagnostic equipment is also very high, especially the reliability and safety of the wire harness must strictly comply with the regulations.
4. Military industry:
Military electronics are technically demanding, so electronic wire harnesses manufactured for the military industry must be manufactured to very specific specifications in order to meet the application requirements. Luksens follows a very strict quality policy during cable assembly, well-known as experienced cable assembly manufacturer and cable assembly supplier.
5. Telecommunications industry:
Few technological advances can change the course of history like the development of the telecommunication industry. The core of the development of the telecommunication industry is the electronic wire harness. The transmission performance of the electronic wire harness provides a good transmission connection for data communication.
6. Automation industry:
Most of the pre-production elements of electronic cable assembly can actually be completed through automation, which is very critical for automated equipment. Automation can actually greatly simplify the order process, allowing cable harness manufacturer and cable harness supplier to produce more consistent, high-quality products, and Less time consuming.
7. Handmade industry:
The importance of hand-manufacturing electrical wire harnesses remains an important part of the process and almost all cable harness manufacturer and cable harness supplier will have many experienced employees, while using automated processes and manual work allows for more cost-effective production.
Luskens is not only a wire harness manufacturer and supplier, but also a cable assembly manufacturer and supplier, we provide customers with one-stop solutions, including a variety of wire harness. We use high-quality raw materials such as JST, AMP, KET terminals, and all wires comply with UL, RoHs, REACH. In addition, we conduct professional testing to ensure that the products we deliver to our customers are perfect. And we provide the service of customizing all kinds of wire harness and connectors, and we can also provide design solutions and tailor-made according to customer products. Luksens is not only a cable harness manufacturer and cable harness supplier, but also a cable assembly manufacturer and cable assembly supplier, we are committed to exceeding customer expectations through innovation and the continued improvement of our products and services.